Don Carlo Cheese 200 g - inMasseria
The Don Carlo is a cow's milk cheese obtained with kid's rennet, with a hard, finely grainy texture whose rind is treated for conservation purposes with precious extra virgin olive oil which gives it a golden color and a unique aroma. Don Carlo is the noble cheese produced in the historic Masseria del Duca dating back to the Middle Ages.
It is not easy to date the birth of Don Carlo, as his recipe has been handed down from generation to generation, from a dairyman within the walls of the farm since it belonged to the family of the Duca de Sangro, a rich feudal lord since milk, an ancient protagonist within the walls of Masseria Del Duca; just think that the first stable, the animal shelter and the shepherd's house date back to the 16th century. thus matured over the centuries, handed down for generations. ancient, which is preserved over time, the one you breathe in the Masseria del Duca: the spotted cows graze freely among the tens of hectares of centuries-old olive groves. Only in the morning and in the evening, they are in line ready to be milked.
- Don Carlo has received many national and international awards such as in the special Gambero Rosso guide reserved for Italian cheeses;
- The Special Mention as best farm cheese at the Alma Caseus national competition held at the Cibus in Parma;
- Cheese Award 2017;
- The Don Carlo was also selected by chefs of the caliber of maestro Gualtiero Marchesi and Gianfranco Vissani.
Ingridients: Milk, rennet, salt.
This product is free of:
- Synthetic sweeteners (Sweeteners);
- Chemical preservatives and antioxidants;
Nutritional values for 100 gr of product:
- Energy value: 385 kcal
- Protein: 26,8 g
- Carbohydrates: 1,7 g
- Fat: 39,1 g
- Salt: 2 g